Dumplings are a great go-to staple for those days where you want a quick, healthy meal. If you stock up your freezer with a few packets of frozen dumplings, the options are endless! When Vicky Ha, the founder of House of Dumplings, needs a quick and delicious meal on the go, she often goes for this chicken dumpling stir-fry with delicious asian greens. It’s ready in ten minutes, only uses one pot and is super versatile!
Authentic chicken dumplings
Our Chicken and Coriander dumplings are one of our most popular products, and for a good reason! The delicious mix of fresh chives, coriander and shiitake mushrooms with free range chicken create an authentic Hong Kong dumpling just like Vicky’s mum used to make! We use Bostock Brothers Organic Free Range Chicken in our dumplings to get the best flavour possible. Bostock Brothers is a family owned business in Hawkes Bay, where chickens are raised on home-grown feed and are completely free of antibiotics and hormones. We want our dumplings to not only taste delicious, but be good for you too!
Our stir-fried greens in this recipe are bok choy and capsicum, however you can use whatever vegetables you like! Carrots, mushrooms, beans or onions would all work well, just add your favourites. We recommend dicing the vegetables to around 2cm pieces and finely slicing the cabbage.
Dumpling stir-fry is a one pan wonder
One of the best parts about this dish is that it only uses one pan! By using one half of the pan for the dumplings and one half for the vegetables, cleaning up will be a breeze. All of our dumplings are pre-steamed, so they just need to be pan-fried for 2-3 minutes on either side. This will give the vegetables enough time to cook so they’re just right for serving. There’s lots of ways to cook dumplings, but pan fried dumplings have that delicious crispiness that it’s hard to get enough of!The crispy fried dumplings compliment the softer vegetables so well in this dish that it’ll become a household staple.
Don’t forget the sauce!
For a bit of extra flavour, we add some of Mum’s Sauce to the vegetables while they’re cooking. Mum’s Sauce is Vicky’s mum’s special recipe, which is a combination of Japanese naturally-brewed GMO free soy, ginger, garlic and some other secret ingredient. This adds a tang to any dish and is the perfect compliment to our dumpling stir-fry! It is also a great dumpling dipping sauce so you’ll be scooping the extra off the plate with your chicken dumplings.
Chicken & Coriander Dumplings with Stir-fried Asian Greens
- 1 pack of Bostock Brothers Organic Free Range Chicken + coriander dumplings
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 1 capsicum
- 1/4 Red cabbage
- 1 handful of edamame beans
- The Good Oil
- 1 tbsp Mum’s Sauce
- Fresh coriander and edible flowers for garnish
- Leave your Chicken and Coriander dumplings out to thaw on the bench for approx. one hour.
- Dice the capsicum and bok choy into 2cm cubes and roughly chop the cabbage.
- Add a dash of oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add in the thawed dumplings, and place them to one side of the pan. Cook for two minutes.
- On the other side of the pan, place your chopped capsicum and bok choy. Cook for one minute, stirring the vegetables occasionally.
- Flip the dumplings over.
- Add the chopped cabbage and cook for another minute. Continue to stir the vegetables!
- Then, add the edamame beans and Mum's sauce to the vegetables and stir! Cook for another two minutes.
- Serve up the vegetable mix, then place the dumplings on tip.
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!