As spring comes into swing, salad season is heating up! In the warmer months, we tend to reach more for fresh food and lighter flavours. While you may think of dumplings as comfort food, we are showing you how to create a zingy, delicious vegan dumpling salad in less than 15 minutes! You will only need a salad bowl and a sandwich press to create this dish to impress.
The star of this salad is baby beetroot! Beetroot has been gaining popularity in recent years as a superfood. It is said to reduce blood pressure and increase blood flow, as well as containing a heap of anti-oxidants. Today, we’re using marinated baby beetroot which are easy to find in any supermarket, and a lot less hassle than the fresh stuff.
The dressing for the salad combines lemon juice with wholegrain mustard for a kick to offset the sweetness of the beetroot. The light, tangy flavours are perfect for a kiwi summer salad! This dish will be a hit at any BBQ, pool party or Christmas get-together.
Our vegan Mushroom Dumplings are made up of six (!) different types of mushrooms. Enoki, shiitake, oyster, portobello and brown mushrooms are flavoured with 20 month aged organic miso to create the vegan dumpling of dreams. You can cook our dumplings in lots of different ways, but in this recipe we’re using a sandwich press to make the perfect dumplings is 5-10 minutes!
Baby Beet Kale Salad + Mushroom Dumplings
- Sandwich press
- ½ can of Marinated Baby beetroot cut into bite size
- 2 full handfuls of Fresh Grower Baby Kale
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon - should be around 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp of Wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp of Good Oil Sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- A pack of House of Dumplings Mushroom Dumplings
- Start by thawing your dumplings on your kitchen bench top for an hour before cooking.
- Place lemon juice & zest, wholegrain mustard, sunflower oil, salt and pepper into a closed lid jar. Mix your dressing well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the baby kale and the chopped baby beetroot. Pour the dressing over the kale & beetroot mix and gently stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place a tablespoon of sunflower oil in your sandwich press machine. Toast your dumplings for 5 – 10 mins until golden.
- Serve the dumplings alongside the salad. Enjoy!