Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or just looking to add an extra hit of protein to your diet, mushrooms should be a go-to. Our Six Mushroom vegan dumplings, paired with delicious meaty vegetables, make the perfect plant-based meal. Look no further for your next meatless Monday dinner idea!
The magic of mushrooms
Mushrooms are packed full of nutrients but light on calories. They’re great sources of riboflavin and niacin, nutrients that are usually found in meat. It’s essential to replace these in plant-based diets, and mushrooms make this easy! Of course, different types of mushrooms offer different nutrients. Luckily, our Six Mushroom dumplings cover all the bases. A blend of enoki, shiitake, woodear, oyster, portobello and brown button mushrooms mean that you’re not missing out on anything that the fungi have to offer. Even the carnivores won’t miss the meat either, with the delicious umami flavour and meaty texture. They’ll be gone so fast, you won’t even notice!
The perfect vege medley
The great thing about this recipe is that you can mix and match the vegetables to whatever you have in the fridge. To make the perfect plant-based meal, we recommend using some ‘meatier’ options. Eggplant, zucchini and capsicum all work wonders at keeping you full for longer. For this recipe, you’ll simply cut the vegetables into thin strips and stir-fry them! To flavour the dish, we use the House of Dumpling’s special recipe Mum’s Sauce. In all its soy, garlic-y, ginger-y goodness, it’s the ideal partner for stir-fry dishes.
Protein Packed Vegan Mushroom Dumplings & Veges
- 1/2 pack of House of Dumplings Six Mushroom dumplings
- Vegetable oil
- 1 eggplant (cut into thin strips)
- 1 capsicum (cut into thin strips)
- 1 zucchini (cut into thin strips)
- 1 bunch of watercress
- A sprinkle of poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp Mum's Sauce
- 1 tsp Chilli Oil (optional)
- Leave dumplings out to thaw on the bench for half an hour before cooking.
- Prep vegetables by cutting them into thin strips.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Add chopped vegetables and cook until softened, around 3-5 minutes. Season to taste.
- When cooked, place vegetables onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat another drizzle of oil in the frypan over medium-high heat.
- Add the dumplings and pan fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the dumplings on top of the veges. Top with Mum's Sauce, watercress and a sprinkle of poppy seeds. Enjoy!