Summer is just around the corner, bringing garden parties and BBQs with it! It can be hard to think of quick, easy plates to share with your friends and family. Why not try something new with these dumpling lettuce cups? They can be made with any of our dumpling range, but they’re great (and vegan friendly!) using our Hemp & Edamame dumplings.
Just prep your vegetables ahead of time and cook the dumplings at the party! We’ve taken the work out of cooking dumplings by pre-steaming them before they’re frozen. This means that all you need to do is heat them through in a pan! This takes less than five minutes and you’ve got hot, freshly cooked dumplings to serve. Make sure you’ve got your Mum’s Sauce ready for dipping!
Hemp & Edamame Dumpling Lettuce Cups
- 1 pack of House of Dumplings Edamame Kumara dumplings
- ½ head of Baby cos lettuce
- ¼ cucumber cut into match sticks
- Mint leaves
- Lime wedge to serve
- House of Dumplings Chili oil optional
- Pull your House of Dumplings dumpling packet out of the freezer and thaw it out on your kitchen bench top for an hour before your guest’s arrival.
- Separate leaves from your baby cos lettuce and wash thoroughly under tap water. Dry leaves by using either a salad spinner or patting them with a tea towel.
- Slice your cucumber into little match sticks.
- When your guests turn up. Pan fry your dumplings with mild flavour oil on medium low heat. 2-3 minutes on each side until pastry turn golden.
- Serve your pan fried dumplings in your lettuce cups. Garnish with cucumber and mint leaves. Serve with lemon wedge and chili oil